Installation Cable Technician I or II
We are growing our servicing areas around the United States and looking for motivated individuals to join our operations team - experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right candidate!
Summary of Position
The Cable Technician I or II role will offer a challenge and opportunity to advocate high standards in network cabling. The ideal candidate will demonstrate passion for Telecom industry and will provide efficient solutions in data centers.
Responsibilities and Job Duties:
- Contributes to day-to-day operations for projects and activities as needed in a startup environment
- Collaborates with Team Leads to drive successful execution of projects
- Achieves leadership skills within the team environment
- Communicates status reports and resource needs
- Influences and maintains regular learning environment
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of cable testing and troubleshooting
- Improves cabling standards and safety awareness
- Computes cutsheet information and label templates
- Educates all production, safety and quality standards, codes and industry best practices
- Organizes and prepares materials for projects
- Commands routes for cable installations
- Identifies and escalates concerns with improper installations, safety hazards, and non-compliance issues
- Contributes to SOP development, implementation, and training
- Professionalism with great customer service is a must!
- Experience with telecom specific tools
- Installing cables - fiber, Cat5, Cat5e, Cat6, copper, etc.
- Ensure assigned installations are completed on time.
- Clean neat and organized
- Install infrastructure - relay racks, ladder racks, fiber trough, etc.
- Excellent communication
- MS Office, Excel, Word
- Can-do attitude and a hunger to learn more
Qualifications - Cable Tech I
- High school diploma
- Exposure to Telecom industry and Data Center environment
- Experience in network cables
Qualifications - Cable Tech II
- Bachelor's degree. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted
- Experience in Data Center environment, particularly network scaling or cabling
- Minimum of two years in Telecom industry
- Familiar with servers, storage, racks, and networking
- Knowledge in data center infrastructures and protocols
- Experience with fiber testing equipment Fluke Networks
- Computer skills
Applicants for the position will meet the following requirements:
- 1+ years in telecom industry
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver's license
This is a project base position, contract/part-time as needed position with potential full-time hours. May work weekends and nights.
Northern Virginia - Sterling, Ashburn, Chantilly and Manassas
California - San Francisco Bay Areas, San Jose, Hayward
To apply, please provide area interested, resume and cover letter using our contacts page or email to N2Nsupport@n2nintegrations.com. For email attachments please send files in PDF format.